- In the 18th century the German Immigrants brought over the idea that the Groundhog could forsee the weather.
- The majority of women who immigrated from Germany became domestic servants.
- 10 million illegal immigrants live in the United States.
- 1,400 more arrive every day.
- In 1683 Francis Daniel Pastorius, a German lawyer, was forced to leave the country due to his religious beliefs. Pastorius,
along with 12 other Quakers set sail form Krefeld to America. They colonized a town called Germantown which later became the
first settlement of German Immigrants.
- Germans were among the first Europeans to come to America